Wednesday, September 19, 2012

House Tour: Dining Room

Since I showed you my study, I figured I would continue on our house tour this week with the dining room.  I was recently inspired by Caitlin Wilson's dining room to hang a similar oil painting that I have:
via Caitlin Wilson Design
My husband and I purchased it while we were dating on our first vacation together in Puerto Rico.  It was painted by a local artist.  While it isn't something I would necessarily be drawn to now, it represents that wonderful vacation together and always makes me smile. I had the painting framed years ago and it was a non distinct silvery-gold color.   I like how Caitlin Wilson put it in a large gilded gold frame, which inspired me to spray paint the existing frame gold:




3 comments:

  1. Aghghg The room looks gorgeous! I love the mixed chairs and that light fixture looks so fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting about the tour of your house. Love your photos. It's really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The decoration is perfect! Love the house.

    ReplyDelete