Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Girl who Bought Lack Tables

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy has been out for some time, and  I was a little late to jump on the bandwagon and start reading.  I had been to the bookstore and picked up the book several times and just couldn’t seem to get past the first five pages.  On a friend’s insistence that it takes 50 pages to get in to more or less I finally took the plunge.  I was basically out of commission once I reached that 50-page-can’t-tear-myself-from-reading-this-mark and finished it in one sitting.  



I immediately began to devour book 2, The Girl Who Played with Fire.  I was on a roll until I got to the part where the main character, Lisbeth Salander, buys a swanky new apartment in Stockholm and furnishes it entirely with Ikea furniture (fitting as they are in Sweden).  The page details each and every item that she purchases leading me to immediately pull out my laptop and see if we have similar tastes (we don’t).  Yet, it was clear Salander knew sometimes there is nothing better and more cost efficient than items from Ikea.  

After clicking through the Ikea website and googling for discontinued items all the while feeling a little nerdy that I actually did so, I discovered that Apartment Therapy had already done the work for me.  























Glad I am not the only one who thought the reading was incomplete without being able to accurately envision Lisbeth Salander’s furniture and espresso maker (the Jura Impressa X7).


No comments:

Post a Comment