Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away...

I know fall just began and I'm very spoiled here in Southern California, but there is nothing like a few days of rain to make me start longing to go back on a sunny vacation to Palm Springs.

I have been visiting Palm Springs for as long as I can remember.  It's an easy get-away from the Southern California coast, and there is something calming about the desert air when you just need a break.

A visit is never complete without a trip to the Tina Turk boutique with the added plus of the adjoining residential store.  Her fabrics, to me, feel quintessential Palm Springs, with their bright and bold patterns, capturing the Southern California resort style.  Not to mention that her stores are designed by Kelly Wearstler, making it a go-to destination for the fashion and design obsessed.  

My last visit was in August, and I spotted this rug...
I had been searching for something affordable for my small entryway and this rug had a fun pattern and encompassed all the muted color of my house with a little more pop.  I walked out of the store without it....

But I just couldn't stop looking at my naked entryway and knew the rug would be the perfect addition, so I found it here a few weeks ago .  I knew that Amazon had products other than books but never expected to find Trina Turk rugs for 20% off the listed price (plus the added bonus of free shipping).  They even had more to choose from, styles both old and new...

Arriving at my house to find the box on my front door step felt just like my birthday.  I think it found its perfect home.






No comments:

Post a Comment