Thursday, April 7, 2011

House Progress 2







I am amazed at our house progress since construction began.  The foundation was only poured two weeks ago, and it feels like we have already come a long way--there are even windows and a roof!  When I was in San Diego, I requested that my husband stop by at least once, because I didn't want to miss the progress.  Every day it seems like they are leaps ahead from the day before.  

With the finish date looming over us at about three months from now, I have taken to ordering furniture and picking up some other furniture, rugs, and the like.  My new favorite motto is: "it takes the same amount of time for furniture to be  delivered as to build a whole house" (we have been quoted 12-16 weeks on certain items).  Our small apartment storage unit can't hold all of our stuff to begin with, so now our spare bedroom is overflowing with house purchases and old boxes rendering it another storage unit in itself.  I guess we will figure out a solution next time we have guests-but for now I just close my eyes whenever I walk by the room!

16 comments:

  1. that is SO exciting! you're in dallas right? what area is your house being built in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo exciting! I love to see the 'bones' of houses - it looks like it's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it crazy how fast it goes once construction gets started? Just wait until you have walls and it really resembles a "real house." So exciting. Your house looks just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being from New York, it seems amazing that a house can be built from scratch. Real estate is sooo expensive here. Good luck with building and decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it's coming along nicely! Can't believe how fast things are going and it must be nice to see the progress of your new home like that. I'm awful when it comes to furnishings though. I always end up buying way too much...

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowww!! Is really nice to see it! Nice blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks wonderful - can't wait to follow the progress!! Love a building project ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's looking great! I can't wait to see it finished! Have a wonderful weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Build your home - a real dream))) congratulations), and so nice to pick up furniture and utsveta for a room, when one day I too shall build my house))

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, must be a great team working on your house! it looks like it's going to be soooo pretty! i can't wait to see it when it's all done!.. so exciting, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited for you!! Now that we are rounding the corner and in the finishing stages....(and I am really glad about it, its been 3 years) I can say it IS a very exciting project and hope you will get to enjoy the process and not moan, groan and yell like I did:) (Oh yea and complain..lots of that)
    Is this the first time you are building? It was the 2nd time for us and thats probably why! The first time, I was so patient but it also happened within 2 years..this was a much bigger project in every way...so it took longer. Take tons of pictures..its so much fun to go back and go over them. I went once a month and had a entire photo session with the house....and it is so wonderful to have those memories of the "all the stages" of the building process. I look forward to seeing more..so glad you found me so I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks gorgeous already! The design is so unique (well, at least compared to what we have in the Midwest) and I can't wait to see that it looks like once it's all done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is soooo exciting! your house is gorgeous! and has very lovely bones (: can't wait to see the finished home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. And I definitely understand the storage unit, definitely.

    ReplyDelete