Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Around here...

When we moved into our house we had managed to furnish most of it save from our bare walls and a few pieces of furniture here and there.  We decided to slowly acquire art and the like.  Except for when it comes to my closet, I declare that I am quite the minimalist so I only want to put things up that I absolutely love.

I have plans to put some travel photography of mine on canvas, and then I will finally be able to post photos of the completed family room.  For now, I am excited that our second chair arrived from Crate & Barrel.  The first chair took 5 months and it was an 8 month wait for the second one.  Needless to say, there were lots of headaches, but I am glad they are finally both here:


When this West Elm throw I blogged about here went on a 20% off sale, I ran right to the store to purchase one.  It is incredibly soft and has already been a cozy addition to the room as the weather cools down.


While at West Elm, I discovered that this ottoman was being discontinued so heavily discounted.  I had been waiting to buy one for our very unfinished game room and it just arrived:


I have managed to keep my succulents alive (well, almost all of them), so I decided to add some more to our kitchen.  I picked these up at Ikea:



And I haven't yet shared our guest room--here is a peek:



Those are our latest additions.  Hope everyone is enjoying the week and is ready for their Thanksgiving feasts!

3 comments:

  1. That throw would be one of the best purchases for this winter. So cosy. Have a wonderful day, Kate, and Happy Thanksgiving! :)
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gorgeous ikat ottoman! It's always a pleasure taking a glimpse of your beautiful home.

    Wishing you and your family a warm and joyous Thanksgiving!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete