Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Speaking of Design/Textile Idols...






I happened to make a trip to LA to visit the design quarter on La Cienaga.  I finally made it to 
Hollywood at Home, a store I had been wanting to visit for quite some time.  After seeing me fawn all over the John Robshaw prints (hello, they have a whole room of his textiles like a patchwork quilt covering the walls) they mentioned that John Robshaw would be coming to the store that week, and they would be having a party.  Count me in...




Images taken at Hollywood at Home

I adore John Robshaw's textiles, as a lover of all things global, his prints instantly give me wanderlust and a yearning to return to India.  A country I visited in 2002, which has left an indelible mark on me.



And after telling him that we drove from San Diego, he immediately decided to gift us this stationery from his line:





How sweet!  The party definitely didn't disappoint, with the lovely staff at Hollywood at Home, and of course Mr. Robshaw himself, it was more than worth battling LA traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment