Friday, May 20, 2011

Anniversary Redux

Thanks everyone for the beautiful wishes and thoughts on my wedding video.  They were so sweet and were the icing on the cake to what turned out to be a wonderful day.  My 3 year anniversary started out with some gorgeous surprise flowers from my husband!


Of course, I had a surprise in store too-a heart shaped double layer strawberry cake.  The idea was to use our wedding monogram (a variation was substituted) with pearl sprinkles, because pearls were incorporated into our wedding decor.  It was touch and go for awhile whether this cake would actually ever come into fruition, but here it is:


I got the mail to find I won a Jonathan Adler luggage tag from a give away I forgot I even entered.  This is a BIG deal.  I never win give aways, raffles, etc.  Maybe my luck is changing, or maybe I get an extra dose of luck on my anniversary, or everyone that entered received a luggage tag.  Either way, I will decide to believe in the former:


Topped off with a dinner at Five Sixty atop Reunion Tower.  The food was delicious and the view from the rotating restaurant of the nighttime cityscape of Dallas, spectacular.  Any reader of this blog knows that I absolutely go weak for panoramic views.


To reminisce one last time, I must include this:
Image via here
I started seeing this pop up on multiple blogs and was delighted since this stationery is from my wedding venue, The Westgate Hotel, and I adore the romantic sentiment.


Have a great weekend!

19 comments:

  1. I love this post, it is so romantic and personal and you and your husband is just the cutest couple ever! Looks like you've had an amazing week, hope this weekend will be just as fantastic for you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your anniversary, love the cake :) And of course congrats on winning the luggage tag, Jonathan Adler rocks. Nicolex

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet of you to make a cake for your husband on your anniversary. Plus, those flowers are gorgeous. I am glad you had such a wonderful celebration. And I love that luggage tag from Jonathan Adler. Anything from JA is fabulous. Anyway, more good news. I am here to let you know that you have been awarded The Versatile Blogger Award. When you get a chance, please visit my blog to pick up your prize. Thanks.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty flowers- but I actually LOVE the tray even more. where did you get it?
    dallas
    http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful celebration! And the cake looks yummy!
    xx Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so sweet :) Sounded like an amazing day. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone I hope I have just as a good of a weekend!

    Dallas-I got the tray at a local store in Dallas, but I have also seen it at Furbish Studio here: http://bit.ly/lGwS8g

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww wow!!! This is soo sweet :) Just found your blog, and you are one gorgeous lady!
    Happy weekend!


    <3 Belly B

    ReplyDelete
  9. eeek! I JUST BOUGHT that python try to put in my bar area! Looks great in your house! Can't wait until mine arrives in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cake turned out beautifully! Love the mirrored piece I spied in the background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect day!! Congratulations..you make a beautiful couple. Love your flowers, your cake, and that letter sooooooo incredibly sweet! May you be blessed with many many more happy and healthy years!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys are adorable...what a wonderful day it seem like it was! How was the food at Five Sixty...you must show pics of it...I want to see! I am loving the beautiful flowers your hubby got you and the candle and the tray are adorable! The icing on the cake looked quite yummy as well! I want some now...jejeje. Anyways, Congrats and I wish you forever happiness.

    xoxo my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great day all around...so happy it was a wonderful anninversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG - you never win giveaways! Perfect for it to arrive on the anniversary.
    p.s. the cake DOES look so delicious! looks like a Kate specialty along with your banana bread and quesadillas...yum!
    p.s.s. love the anniversary dinner dress

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great day you had :) Nothing better than receiving free stuff on the mail, right?! Have a great weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aaaawww! So cute! Your cake looks delicious and surprise flowers? He's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those flowers are GORGEOUS--so bright and I'm super impressed by your heart cake!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfection. That is what that day sounds like (c: From the flowers to the cute cake to the suprise in the mail, I don't know that I could've gotten any better...here's to many more lovely anniversaries with your cute hubby! (c:

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy anniversary! We had our 6th yesterday. May weddings are the best! Congrats and hope you had a wonderful weekend...have a great week!
    XO

    ReplyDelete