Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Home Tour: Master

We have not exactly been staying in dingy transit motels, but there is nothing like sleeping in your own bed.  Next stop on our Home Tour: Master Bedroom and Bathroom (also see here, here, and here).


But first, some of our inspiration.

I wanted a very soft spa-like palette, a light blue/green wall, keeping the rest of the room in whites a la this room below (with added grays).  


Who doesn't like Crate and Barrel's Colette Bed?  



I also found this headboard at Ethan Allen.  


But with our whole remodel, my husband's bed won out for budget purposes.  He's had his bed since his late teenage years (I don't have a picture at this time unfortunately.)  The headboard and footboard looked like a square garden trellis with a dark/black wood stain, so we upholstered with a white linen fabric and added nailheads to get the look of the above favorites.

As for more budgetary constraints, my nightstands and dresser are from Ikea.  Since, I have seen this particular Ikea furniture pop up a lot in the design world.  I switched out the hardware for a more streamlined, clean look.


1. via Caitlin Wilson Design 2. via Lonnymag
At last, here are some pictures from our Master Bedroom that is only a distant dream, for now.  











No comments:

Post a Comment