Winters in Southern California are pretty mild, so I realize there are some necessary purchases I will need to make in order to keep warm in Dallas. Although the weather is often tamer than other parts of the U.S. (I'm not expecting any blizzards), they still have the occasional snowfall and much heavier rains than I am accustomed to.
Here are some of the items I have recently purchased or am lusting over.
1. An Umbrella-one that is stylish and won't invert, leaving you sopping wet in
the event of heavy winds. Haymarket Check Walker With Coloured Trims2. A Cashmere Sweater Dress-to wear over tights with boots.
Fair Isle Cashmere Sweater Dress
3. A Faux Fur Vest- worn over a long-sleeved shirt when it's chilly or over a sweater when
it's especially cold. Tinley Road Faux Fur Vest
4. Rain Boots-for those aforementioned heavy Dallas rains. Hunter Wellies
5. A Beanie-everyone knows the key to keeping warm is having your head covered, and this
particular hat looks soft and comfy and has just the right amount of sparkle for the
season. Crisp Gleam Beanie
6. A Winter Coat with a Hood-preferably in an in-color for the season, i.e. military green.
Faux Fur Hooded Anorak
As cliche as it is, my first purchase in Dallas will be the classic Hunter Boots.
The last Fall/Winter I spent in Dallas, I did not have a pair of rain boots so ended up at my SMU law school class with muddy flats and jeans soaked up to my knees. I will not be making that mistake again.