Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hotel Spotlight: Colony Palms Hotel Part 2

After visiting Palm Springs for Modernism week back in February, I highlighted my visit to the Colony Palms Hotel.  So when Martyn Lawrence-Bullard returned to the hotel on last night's episode of Million Dollar Decorators to re-decorate the Palm D'Or (or what appears to be the Colony Palms Hotel version of the presidential suite), I was quite enamored.

Martyn describes the aesthetic of the Colony Palms as Spanish-Colonial-Meets-Moroccan-Totally-Delicious.  This choice of words aptly describes the hotel and probably beats out my description.  But you can see my original post on the Colony Palms Hotel here for my take on the property and for more photos.

Here is the finished Palm D'Or suite:



Images via Bravo

I was bummed to find out that next week marks the finale of the first season of Million Dollar Decorators.  Hopefully, it will return next season and not go the way of the other cancelled Bravo design shows: Top Design and 9 By Design!

8 comments:

  1. Like the Moorish vibe going on.....beautiful. So bummed I missed it had a dinner to attend and would so rather have been home watching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Martin quote! Totally delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super gorgeous! I love the mossy emerald mix with the pops of color in the vases on the shelves. Of course, the Moroccan tables are amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like the show just started ! It cant be the end of the season yet...Bravo better bring it back! Love this suite...looks so cozy.

    xxLily
    goldandgray.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Palm Springs, beautiful! I was actually talking about this hotel with a friend of mine last week.. hopefully I'll get to check it out soon! Thanks for giving us an insider's view :-)

    TravelDesignery.com
    .

    ReplyDelete
  6. o wow that is gorgeous. looks so cozy with the fire place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so cozy and eclectic chic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, beautiful pictures, love the decor


    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

    ReplyDelete