Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Hidden Jewel of Asia

I finally got around to watching this week's episode of the Bachelorette.  While this season has been quite lackluster, what has been capturing my attention is the scenery of the travel destinations on the show (so far Thailand and Hong Kong).  And this week they were in Taiwan, which according to the show is known as the "hidden jewel of Asia", and hidden jewel it is.  The scenery was just gorgeous.  When I pictured Taiwan, I had only thought of its major city: Taipei, but there is so much natural beauty to behold in addition to the bustling city:








Images via Pinterest
 I have been almost all over Asia and it always remains my favorite part of the world to travel to-- so I definitely hope to make it to Taiwan one day!

10 comments:

  1. Very cool. Never been to Asia but it's on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous...I have never been but would love to go !

    xxLily
    goldandgray.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this makes me want to visit there so badly, i have never been!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, I am addicted to the Bachelor and Bachelorette for the sole reason of seeing the destinations they visit. Thailand was gorgeous and it keeps calling me to go out there, so hopefully soon I will. Def. have Taipei and Taiwan on my list too!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictured are so gorgeous! I wanted to visit Taiwan some day. And I heard their street foods are super awesome, too!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning place! Asia really has a lot to offer, I have been in Hong Kong and Indonesia; Lombok.
    xx Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lucky of you to have seen so much of Asia. There are so many places I would love to travel to there. Have a wonderful weekend, Kate! :)
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't forget to take me with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have a friend from Taiwan and I am dying to go! great photo finds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These do look amazing! I've been loving all of your gorgeous pictures. It's so wonderful to hear about AND SEE so many amazing places!

    ReplyDelete