Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Escapes

Given that we have had more 100+ temperature days here than I dare to even count, I could really use an escape to a place that may not be so warm.  Even though I visited this location about this time of year, it was fairly cloudy and cool, which would be a welcome break right about now:

This city is probably best known for a certain movie:


Where the surrounding Hills play a large role:



Along with a musical family who lived in this house (or at least they did in the film):


They aren't the first with musical abilities to call this place home:

That's me in the window!



It's Salzburg, Austria!

(Oh yeah and the movie-Sound of Music!)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful country, what a great place to visit!

    Have a great day, sweetie!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to visit Austria so thank-you for sharing some wonderful photos. Hope you can cool down some!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Salzburg. My hubby and I made a stop there on our honeymoon and we instantly fell in love. The architecture, the FOOD (yes Austria actually has amazing food outside of weinershnitchel) and of course all the sights of the sound of music! So glad you posted this!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember visiting Salzburg as a child and even have the dirndl to prove it... Never got the yodeling down, though!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. salzburg has been probably my favorite city in europe that i've visited..i just loved it so much!

    ReplyDelete