Friday, January 14, 2011

Kitchen Inspiration

Now that we are closer to purchasing a home, and I have seen the kitchen dimensions and space on multiple occasions, it is all I can dream about.  This is my favorite inspiration kitchen of all time:

Image via Style at Home
I love a traditional kitchen with a modern twist.  The all white cabinets, Hicks pendant lights, carrara marble countertops and carrara subway tile, glass cabinets, white hood, white bar stools with nailheads.  It all equals perfection.

I am definitely not alone in feeling inspired by this kitchen--I have seen that many other bloggers have also documented their love for it too (including cococozy, sketch42, and most recently madebygirl who used it as the jumping off point for her own inspiring recent kitchen remodel).

During my last kitchen remodel I kept referring back to this picture, but I decided against carrara marble subway tile, because I thought it too busy for the small space.  And the Hicks pendant lights were a little out of budget.  Hopefully, round two I can incorporate them into my space.

Image via Travelmoon

Below are some other kitchens from my files that have similar elements and offer more inspiration:












I definitely love the look of a painted island as a contrast to the white cabinets--also part of the design plan.

Can't wait to see it all come together!

*Images via 1-5 Elle Decor, 6-7 House Beautiful, 8 Jennifer Worts Design via Cottage ModernLonnymag

4 comments:

  1. Those Hick's pendant lights are to DIE for!!! I was looking at some basic pendant lights from West Elm to hang over our island because I think that look makes the kitchen. I am loving that you are going to incorporate some Black this time around. I think the contrast will make the all white easier on the eyes. Can't wait to see the final look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the white kitchens, I've seen the Style at Home picture on a lot of blogs, it's gorgeous! And I agree the pop of black does look nice, or maybe you could do it another fun color? Goodluck with whatever you end up doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! I am definitely going to be incorporating bolder colors in to our home including touches of black--those pendant lights come in only a couple of variations so I am still undecided!

    ReplyDelete